Biltmore House

Biltmore House
Summer 2009

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 2 of C25K!


Although Mollie didn't join me, she totally enjoyed the sunshine this afternoon! When I came home from work, she was stretched out in the sunshine soaking up the warm rays! I had to laugh a little at her simple life. I know it might sound crazy, but she has brought a lot of joy to the Geohagan home!

Ok, so back to C25K. I hate to admit it, but I'm sore! I'm so out of shape that it's pathetic. It's truly amazing how much more energy I have after I exercise! I had no problem cranking out a decent meal for supper, washing the dishes (oh how I miss a dishwasher!!), and getting in a short blog post! Matt joined me for Day 2, and we listened to music as we walked and ran. Of course, he would run circles around me occassionally; however, I reminded him that "slow and steady wins the race!" In the end, he became distracted and stopped to talk to another coach while I continued for two laps around the track at the high school. That's what he gets for bragging about being such an athlete! I couldn't help but smile when he showed me his little blister from today. Aww...poor baby! :)

I've been looking for a Bible verse to recite to myself while I walk/run. I've decided on 1 Corinthians 6:19-20. It reads, “Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.” (NIV)

Often times I forget that my body was bought and paid for by the blood of Christ. It is God's design that I honor Him by taking care of this temple that houses a part of Him, the Holy Spirit. Jesus bridges the gap that my sins create daily between me and my Father. Therefore, my prayer is that of thanksgiving for God making a way for me, a sinner undeserving of God's mercy and grace. I also pray that God may stir your heart to draw closer to Him. Join with me in prayer for our nation and each other to surrender our hearts and bodies to things that honor God.

In Him,
Coty

No comments:

Post a Comment